Monday, June 27, 2022

From the very scratch.

 Been a while since I posted.

Well, my job got the hold of majority of my life so not much could be done there. But nowadays I have way much time and there is almost zero possibility it will change to worse.

So I decided to go back to Petals of Rose and... "ugh" should be a simplest comment to describe it. After rewriting this, redesigning and doing a solo brainstorming I realized that amount of work required is the same as doing everything from scratch. As second option seemed better at this point this is where we are right now.

My artstyle somewhat changed so I am redrawing everything. The game itself will be more of a VN with RPG elements, so less walking around on maps. Story itself needed fixing by a lot, while some major elements are still here, it's pretty much a different game at this point.

As for sex scenes - those obviously are still here, just redone.

For characters, other than introducing ones that were supposed to show up later in the game, now they are here from the very start. Some changes were also done to ones that showed in game so far. Like Gavril changing his hair to delinquent blond and Ro'Medantis becoming more humanlike (well, 1/3 of her is now humanlike :D) 

At the point of writing this post, I would say that ~50% of intro is done (dialogue/cutscenes wise).

After intro, I will add a sex scene or two and drop it as 0.1 or other generic alpha naming.


Oh yeah, and as it's pretty much a different game, the name also changed to not confuse everyone. The name of the game is now:

Chronicles of Rieat: Celestial Twilight

No comments:

Post a Comment